What Should I Know before I Contact a Bail Bond Agent?
If you’re planning to inquire about a bail bond on behalf of a loved one, there are a few key pieces of information you should know, like:
- Full name of defendant including first, middle, and surname.
- Where they’re being held in custody, including name of the jail, city, and country.
- Specific charges against the defendant, including whether it’s a misdemeanor or felony. Any other information like what degree or class the charge is can also be helpful.
- Defendant’s booking number, which you can find out by calling the jail they’re being held in. If their booking number is unavailable, the bail bond agent will be able to access it at a later time.
- The bail amount; this will help the bail bondsman calculate how much their fee will be.
- Other Information: think about any other information the bail bond agent might find helpful and let them know. The more information they have, the easier it’ll be for them to do their job.